Monday, January 31, 2011

Marshmallows and Ski


I really regret not enjoying winter as much as I should. Instead of hanging out indoors, watching movies and going for coffee, I should be out there skating, snowshoeing and skiing! Quebec is the perfect place for outdoor sports!

Mont St-Anne, Québec

This is the second year we go on the ski trip organized by Concordia University. Last year was my first time skiing, so I had to take beginner lessons. This year was a bit easier, I remembered the pointe de pizza and that I had to do big S's down the slope, not go down in a straight line... But the reason we enjoy this trip is because we are with friends, hang out in our chalets, have delicious dinners and all get together at night.


If you've never made marshmallows before, this is the best time! Not only can you enjoy them in a warm cup of hot chocolate, you can roast them over a fire or even make S'mores! Make the traditional white ones (vanilla) but also try making some yummy chocolate (I highly suggest) or raspberry ones! Whatever you do, they will taste 10X better than store-bought marshmallows and everyone will be like: "You can make marshmallows? How?"

Here's the recipe by Dorie Greenspan from Baking: From My Home to Yours. Try it out, it's not as hard as it seems!