Friday, October 8, 2010

FFwD: Gerard's Mustard Tart



When I was younger, I hated mustard! I was more of a ketchup fan. I would put ketchup on everything and anything! But as time is passing, my taste in food is changing and I now find myself eating things like Gerard's Mustard Tart!


The filling was easy to make: whip the eggs with the cream, add the mustards, whip and season with salt and pepper. It was the crust that I found a bit challenging.

The first time I made the pâte brisée by hand, the dough was very crumbly, I could hardly form a disk with it! It was impossible for me to roll it out, so I decided to remake it. The second time, I used the food processor method, that took me at most 5 minutes. The dough turned out soft and workable... Success!


This tart is something I would never had tried on my own, but I'm glad I gave it a try! It smells delicious out of the oven and I had to hold myself from cutting a slice right away. If you like mustard, you're sure to love this!

3 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Love the name of your blog...and your tart looks delicious, too!!!

Beth said...

I love that you take the time to blog while being a student. I just remember how time consuming school was. Love the pictures and your site

Elsa said...

Thank you :)
I keep this blog as a passtime. I turn to it when I want to take a break from studying all that business stuff!