Monday, March 28, 2011

Meringue Filled Coffee Cake : March Daring Bakers Challenge

I have never experienced so much stress in school. My team and I have been working on a business plan and it literally has forced me to put everything else on hold. I kind of had to squeeze making this Daring Baker's Challenge between making financial statements! It took me a while to make because of the rising time, but honestly, it was very worth it!

I've been having an obsession for anything hazelnut, so I decided to add chopped toasted hazelnuts to the sugar, cinnamon and chocolate for the filling. I followed everything else according to the directions Jamie and Ria had posted and was very impressed with the result: a brioche-like coffee cake with chocolate and hazelnut filling, perfect for a breakfast, brunch or any other time of the day! This is a keeper :)



1 comment:

The Betz Family said...

Yum! That looks great and I love toasted hazelnuts! Hopefully you got everything done you needed to for school and this was like the icing on the cake. Nice job on the challenge!